Saturday 2 November 2013

First Year of Actual Animation

One of my procrastinating habits is to 'defile' walls, doors or furniture with post its with art concepts on them. 

I had enough work to put in my portfolio when i applied for University of Glamorgan (University of South Wales), but i don't know what pushed me to the idiotic decision of putting these 'defiled' walls in there. 

You can see the other walls in my previous posts, and as i compare them, it seems i have gotten less productive with a bad habit once i came to Cardiff - less productive with a bad habit...if it makes any sense.

 

Here is a playlist of all my animations done in my first year of university. You can see all of them on my Youtube channel.  The voices in the final character animation were done with the help of Dan Harvey (Devyn), Yaw Asamoah, Robyn Kelly and me (the audience).
 

At the end of the year we had a chance to finally do some colored work. The 2 stings below, i made in a collaborative group with Julia YoungBethan Davies, Yaw Asamoah & Ryan for the Glammies show. The theme was Western, but in the monotony of cowboys, we felt like putting native Americans in the spotlight.
You can find these videos on Julia's Blog and her Vimeo Channel.

Peace Pipe from Julia Young on Vimeo.


Smoke Signals from Julia Young on Vimeo.

It will be a while until i post another animatic or animation, so until then you might see different life drawings, sketches & other scraps.


No comments:

Post a Comment