Monday 3 February 2014

Character Animation

The first time i had a chance to try out Adobe Flash, it wasn't really disappointing. Even though my work may not look as good as i planned, i learned something new, and it's not as different from the traditional way of animating as i planned.

I had the chance to reinterpret the drawing of a young girl from St Gwladys School, named Chloe Thomas. I wasn't given clues what her drawing was suppose to represent. But my reinterpretation of it was one of a super hero. Below you shall see my final reinterpretation, my animated piece and the process of how i reached the final stage of this hero.


I had to try different silhouettes at first until i decided to stay with the middle one. At first i thought Chloe's character had a mustache, but then i removed it as i reinterpreted as a smile. 

















This is a small animatic done in flash, before i started animating the character properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment